
She's so funny; she'll ask to take a picture, then after one or two, say, "Okay, we're done, we're done." Then proceed to walk away. Or else she'll quick smile, and before I've even had a chance to focus, let alone snap the shot, she'll say, "Let me see!" Ha ha. She likes to look at the pictures on the display.
We went to Marie Callender's for lunch after church Sunday, and all the kids got balloons afterwards. The second picture was taken today. Lauren has my dimple, her hair parts on the right like mine (most people's part on the left, but hey, someone's got to be different, right?!), and she has my overbite. Not sure that one's such a good trait to pass on.

Could she be any sweeter?

She went from that to this in a matter of minutes. It's so hard to wake up!! As soon as she wakes up, she wants to nurse. She's getting better about being patient though.

After Caroline's morning nap I had to go vote in the special election. There were a bunch of sweet little old ladies running the polling place, which happens to be the senior center for us. I was the only voter in there at that time, and those little ladies liked seeing the little girls. One said, "You brought the whole family, huh?"
"Half of them."
"How many children do you have?", another asked.
"Four--two are at school."
"Four?! Bless your heart!"
Ha ha :)
I told Julia and Austin at home that I'd had to vote today, not even mentioning the above conversation, and Julia very matter-of-factly said, "Those old ladies always like to see the kids!" LOL She's been there a few times and gotten attention. Every time the ladies comment about bringing future voters. And they always give the kids an "I Voted" sticker. They certainly do like seeing the kids.

No comments:
Post a Comment