Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Full Hand..Or a Hand Full!

Lauren turned 5 on May 6. Good morning, birthday girl! She, barely awake, noticed the camera and put her new monkey by her face to pose. He came with a shirt Brian's mom gave her for a present. Lauren named him Toodles.


Before the kids woke up, Brian and I rushed to blow up a bunch of balloons to surprise Lauren. She was surprised! And liked the balloons! Lauren did throw a little fit while getting dressed about daddy going to work and Julia and Austin going to school. How dare they, on her birthday?! Then she went on about not having a Tinkerbell party and them not staying home with us.

Once she was dressed she was back to her happy self. She ate a chocolate chip bagel for breakfast. They're her favorite kind. :)


All the kids like watching pictures on our computer screen saver. Lauren and Caroline watched while I got stuff ready to go to Santa Maria. We did a couple short errands, then went to McDonald's for lunch. Lauren always wants to go to McDonalds "with a playground"! I bought her the stickers at Beverly's and the Barbie was her Happy Meal toy.


Lauren always chooses a cheeseburger Happy Meal with apple dippers and Diet Coke. She played in the playground for a long time! Caroline climbed up too, and I (the first time ever, for one of my kids!!) had to climb up in there to get her down. I don't care to ever do that again. All the clothes I wore to McDonald's went into the laundry. ;)


Cubbie Bear sent Lauren a birthday card.


I wanted to get some posed pictures of her on her birthday. Here she is: five years old! She wears that pink butterfly ring from Chuck E. Cheese (back in October!) everywhere, and all day long.


She and Caroline played outstide for awhile. "Sing into the microphone, Caroline!" Lauren demonstrated how to do it. They climbed on the slide too. And ran around a lot.


Lauren stood nice and still for a bit. I had to be fast. Most of the pictures looked like the second. Turning five is very exciting! It's hard to be still!


Lauren got these hair ribbons for a present, and wanted to wear them on her birthday, because she said they looked like party pretties! Both grandmas called to wish Lauren a happy birthday. Grandma Alvina sang Happy Birthday on our answering machine while we were out. The first time Lauren heard the message, she said so sweetly, "Tank you..." The second time I replayed it (her request), Lauren responded to Grandma's 'I love you', "I love you too..." And the third time, Lauren said in response, "See you soon!", as we were going to Grandma's house for the weekend.

When Grandma Sharon called, Lauren was happy to talk for awhile, then set the phone down on an end table to watch her movie! And just let Grandma talk! Stinker. Finally Lauren told me to come get the phone!


The kids watched a movie before supper...Princess and the Frog, I think. Austin had to have a frog with him during the show.


After dinner and Tinkerbell cake, the kids had to get ready for bed. Brian reads stories every night while I make lunches and clean up the kitchen. Notice Caroline wearing Lauren's shoes. That happens every day! I think Lauren had a good day. She is very pleased to be five!

No comments: