Friday, May 28, 2010

Tiny Dancer

I wish I would have signed Lauren up for dance classes. Like last Fall. Beginner ballet. Or tap. Something like that. Julia did a class like that when she was 3. Even hip hop or jazz! That girl has had ants in her pants since she could walk! She's not wild, just doesn't like to sit still. She can, but likes to move! And she loves to dance!


Alas, every time I'd mention it to Lauren, she would adamantly reply, "I do not want to go to dance class!" So I never signed her up. Why force it, right?


But I still wish I would have. At least tried it for a month or two. I think she would have liked it!


Almost every day for the last several weeks, Lauren has been going into my bedroom, turning the clock radio on, usually blasting the music, but not always, and dances away. Often Caroline joins her.


When slow songs or talking comes on the radio, Lauren takes a rest. Sometimes she pouts and says, "When's this going to be done?! It's boring!" Then as soon as a faster song plays, she's up again, dancing around the room.

No comments: