

Lauren said she wanted a picture with Caroline in the rocking chair. I said, "Snuggle with your sister!" And this is what Lauren did. Doesn't Caroline look a little scared? And wouldn't you, practically in a choke hold?

Crazy hair night for the Cubbies last night...

And the morning after. Lots of ladies told us she was going to have curly, curly hair the next day, so I left the twisties in, and sure enough, it was curly! It didn't last much past noon, though when it just looked like waves. Julia saw these and said we should do this to both of their hair for a special occasion. And went on to tell me how in the olden days girls wore sausage curls, and Nellie Olson had sausages. The pine cone? That is just what Lauren happened to grab off the porch. That girl has a hard time sitting still! Or standing, in this case.
Austin and Lauren have my bad cold now. He stayed home from school Monday, but I think it's gotten worse, and he might have to stay home tomorrow. Lauren is sleeping in his bed, all this week so far, because they both need the vaporizer. They were so excited about it the first night and said it was like a sleepover! Austin missed T-ball practice Monday, as I said he couldn't go to T-ball if he couldn't go to school. Today he went, but he was saying he thought he should stay home, because he was coughing so much! We've been putting Vicks Vaporub on him before bed, and tonight he told me, "I hate Vicks. I hate Vicks so much! I wish I could throw it in the garbage!" It does help him not cough so much, though! He just doesn't like the smell. ;) Poor guy.
Julia entered a poem and imaginative story in the school writing contest. The poem is called The Bank, and the story is one she wrote at Christmas time called, The Rainbow Cat. They are both good, but I like the bank poem best. It's cute--and creative. I mean, who else comes up with writing a poem about a bank? Maybe I should post it here sometime (it's not too long). Anyway, she found out she won for her grade level for both the story and the poem! Now they'll both be entered at the district level. So we'll see what happens.



1 comment:
I don't know how I missed these other posts. I thought I kept all the emails of the ones I hadn't read. Oh well!
I used to LOVE Vicks Vapor Rub when I was a kid but it's probably what's associated with for him. :(
Post a Comment