Austin told me that some of the girls in his class didn't wear green and Ms. Van gave them a green string to put on their shirts. He said he thinks leprechauns are real, and Julia agreed, because in first grade they made leprechaun traps. Hers had toothpicks all over it to poke them! She said no one caught a leprechaun, but they tipped over some of the traps. And knocked the teacher's bowl of paperclips off the desk. And wrote on the whiteboard, "You can't catch us!"
I was doing the dishes before Awana Tuesday night, and Caroline was watching me. She is able to feed herself crackers now, which is nice, as she can be in the kitchen watching me, be entertained with something, and have her hunger satisfied. A little...she's a pretty slow cracker eater. LOL It takes awhile with no teeth. They have to get good and soggy first, so a piece will break off. :P :P

Lauren was finishing up supper when I took the above shot, and said, "Take my picture!" How does one get ketchup up by their eyebrow?! And of course the veggies are saved till last. At least she ate them...

Monday after school we had to pick up Austin's T-Ball shirt and cap. He was so proud of them! He wore them all afternoon until I made him take them off for supper so he wouldn't get food on them. His team is the Rock Hounds. Who makes up these names anyway? Another team is the Lugnuts! It's kind of funny he's number 3 again, like in soccer, just coincidentally, as they gave him the shirt. And the color is similar too! His coach decided on navy socks and belts for the team, but I kinda think royal blue would have gone better... Oh well. I have a thing for colors. LOL I will say, I asked when we picked up the shirt, if that was the navy blue. And the coach's wife agreed with me about questioning it and not sure about the navy socks and belt!

Today was Austin's Kindergarten program for the end of the 2nd trimester. Their songs and hand motions were so cute! But we could hardly see him, as we happened to sit on the opposite side of the room. And a big, tall kid was standing in front of him (that boy in the print shirt...). This was about as good as it got for pictures. All the kids were supposed to wear a blue school shirt or just a blue shirt if they didn't have one with the school name. That coffee pot in the background makes me giggle every time I see it. A nice fake ficus tree to perk up the cafeteria. But there sits that coffee pot!!

Today and tomorrow are minimum days; Austin gets out at 12:15 and Julia at 12:30. They are conference days, but not like in the fall when everyone gets a conference. These are only if the teacher thinks your kid needs to be discussed, or if you have concerns. Julia and Austin are doing well, so no conference needed. :D Though I have a friend who says the teachers are being paid to give conferences, and she was going to go have her conference! Even if it wasn't needed. LOL Here is Austin with his friend, Solomon, after the performance. Solomon is coming over tomorrow to play for a couple hours. Austin is excited!

This afternoon I read Lauren stories for nap time, and Austin listened too. I told them the author's name was Jonathan Bean, which they laughed about: "That's a funny name!"
Then Austin said, "Morgan in my class, she has a friend who's name is Applesauce."
"Applesauce? Are you sure?"
"Yep, that's what she said." Austin was quite serious about it and quite sure he was right, too!

1 comment:
I remember how nice it was when Andrew could feed himself a cracker or little piece of cheese. It wasn't such a big relief when Elizabeth did but I guess when you have another child or three in your case, it makes life easier.
Andrew will ask me to take pictures of him so I can scrapbook the event or whatever. Wade and he went to see the Harlem Globetrotters last night and when they came home Wade gave me the ticket stubs and said Andrew told him to give them to me that I may want to use them. ROFL So I took an obligatory photo of them so I'll have it *if* I scrapbook it. ;)
Now I need to see those navy socks (and belt)!!! LOL
Applesauce, huh? I'm thinking of all kinds of names for her parents now. Ha!
Post a Comment