Friday, September 25, 2009

Snapshots of our Week

Lauren, Lauren. Sunday with her Julie braid and lovely apple smile. :D Monday and Tuesday--still sporting her Julie braid--she played dress up. She dressed up in all the princess clothes and in lots of other outfits too. She even dressed Caroline up! Caroline was not sure what to think about it and I don't think she liked it too much!


Julia wearing her candle 'hat' for Let Your Light Shine night at Awana. Caroline reading under the table. She love, love, loves books these days! She is quite into reading under the table, or barstools too. She just fits--like it's her own secret little house or something. Mess on top of the table: Austin's sweatshirt, Austin's invitation to a birthday party, Austin's crayon bag, Austin's water bottle. And Caroline's wooden apple. Why is that there???


Below: Love her chubby little squishy little cheekies!! She was reading yet again when I snapped this one. :) Concetrating deeply, I think. Ha ha.

Austin's been digging this trench behind our house for the past 2-3 weeks, when he gets a chance. He comes in filthy dirty from all that digging, but he's having fun! Now the trench is all the way to the garden. It's deep, too--at least as deep as his arm stuck in it, up to his elbow. That ground is hard! It gets no water right there. Often he brings water in--so fun to see a river flowing in his trench. :)


I had stacks of kids' artwork in the office: on the ironing board, on the bed, on top of the scanner, on top of my desk, in their folders. As part of my cleaning up the office, I went through it all. This week I've spent a ton of time on all that sorting, scanning, photographing, editing, and organizing into collages! It feels so good to get those piles out! Sadly, most of the pieces end up in the recycling bin. I keep very few of the best and most original things. As well as samples of their handwriting and original stories. We just can't keep everything!

It's kind of fun to make the actual collages. The kids like looking at their art again, too. Here's a sample of Austin's pages:


I think these are my favorite collages. Because they're all Austin's original drawings. And these are only a small sample of all his drawings! He really likes drawing at this age! We go through a lot of ink--and paper. I'm all for being creative, though! ;)


A couple of Julia's collages: Austin had lots more pages--simply because they make lots more crafts in Kindergarten than in 3rd grade.


Brian and Julia left about 12:30 this afternoon for their camping trip--just the two of them--to Sequoia for the weekend. They were both so excited. :) Austin and Lauren had hot chocolate tonight before bed--just like Brian and Julia were doing at their campsite.

No comments: