
The other day, Julia and Austin were talking about items in the fundraiser catalogs they brought home from school. Julia said they could sell jewelry, wrapping paper, candy, and there was a paper for Hanukkah. Lauren replied, "But not really for Annika in dis country..." She was sure that paper couldn't be for her cousin, Annika! And she also uses the phrase, "In this country" a lot! She uses it whenever she wants to refer to something near or close to us.
After listening to our kids hymn CD in the car, I heard Lauren singing:
"What can wash away my sin?
Butta butta butta Djesus.
What can make me whole again?
Butta butta butta Djesus."
In the mornings when we're walking back from school, I let her get out of the jogger stroller and walk, by our neighbor's hedge. She always likes to walk up the driveway curb to our house, like it's a balance beam.

Last week Weds., Aug. 26, I had Lauren go out and pick the ripe tomatoes.


She brought several to me, and I saw one (see below!) with a big crack across it. I asked her, "What happened to this one?!"
She looked sheepishly at me and wouldn't answer.
I asked, "Did you throw it?... Did you drop it?... Did you squish it?..."
All the while she stood there, looking guilty, holding the tomatoes. Finally she answered, "I dust woved it..." Sigh...
"You just loved it?"
She nodded seriously and said, "I woved it so much and gave it a hug!"
See much-loved tomato:
Where ever we go, Lauren points out VW Bugs: "There's a Herbie car!" or "I saw a blue Herbie car right over there!" or "There was a white Herbie car at school!"
Aug. 23 I was brushing Lauren's hair before church. She glared at me with a mad face: "You are the pullingest person in the whole wowrld!" There were a few tangles...
While I was going through the boxes of Fall clothes from the attic, we found Julia's cat costume she wore for Halloween when she was three. Lauren wore it quite a bit for several days there, like it was part of her outfit. She'd only take it off to eat!


She brought several to me, and I saw one (see below!) with a big crack across it. I asked her, "What happened to this one?!"
She looked sheepishly at me and wouldn't answer.
I asked, "Did you throw it?... Did you drop it?... Did you squish it?..."
All the while she stood there, looking guilty, holding the tomatoes. Finally she answered, "I dust woved it..." Sigh...
"You just loved it?"
She nodded seriously and said, "I woved it so much and gave it a hug!"
See much-loved tomato:

Where ever we go, Lauren points out VW Bugs: "There's a Herbie car!" or "I saw a blue Herbie car right over there!" or "There was a white Herbie car at school!"
Aug. 23 I was brushing Lauren's hair before church. She glared at me with a mad face: "You are the pullingest person in the whole wowrld!" There were a few tangles...
While I was going through the boxes of Fall clothes from the attic, we found Julia's cat costume she wore for Halloween when she was three. Lauren wore it quite a bit for several days there, like it was part of her outfit. She'd only take it off to eat!


No comments:
Post a Comment