Friday, September 4, 2009

The View. Baby on the Move.

I took this series of pictures for my Project 365 album and thought they were interesting, so will share here, the view from our front porch:

August 31, 7:30 am: Yes, the sun has risen. We just have tons of fog. Welcome to the coast! I honestly don't mind the fog. It almost always burns off by 10 or so, and it keeps us cool. Yay for staying cool in the summer!! Sometimes, no matter the season, the fog is so thick that it's misty when we walk to school at 8:45ish.


Midday: See? Fog is gone! There is a tiny, tiny bit of haze near the hills maybe. Not smog. LOL We don't get that here, just so you know. Too small of an area; we're not near any big cities.


Before sunset, about 7:30 pm. The hills are a little golden, no? I think that's why CA is called the Golden State, because of the golden hills with the sun on them. I *think* LOL. I'm no native. Minimal CA knowledge here. ;)


Caroline is on the move! Not crawling at all! She scoots along on her bottom, from room to room, down the hall, etc. It is sooo funny to watch! Can you even tell she is moving in these pictures? Maybe it just looks like she's just sitting. Well, she wasn't. :D I've only known one other baby who did this: my friend Sara's daughter. And then at back-to-school night, Julia's friend Chloe's mom said her second daughter did it too, and never crawled, and walked at 18 months! I could see that being Caroline, especially considering Austin didn't walk until 18 months!


She is sooo into books these days, her favorites being animal books. She wants us to read them over and over and over again. She'll plant the book on our laps or at our feet again and again to get us to read them to her! Lauren is a sweet sister and 'reads' them to Caroline. She's heard them so many times, she has them memorized. ;) Caroline likes to stand, too, but seems to be a little cautious (like the rest of our kids! Funny how that works!). She gets worried when she wants to sit down, and won't just sit on her own, she wants us to sit her down. Silly girl!


Eating blueberries and fishy crackers. It sure is nice she can feed herself a little snack now! She is a stinker, though, and throws food she doesn't want, or isn't her favorite, over the edge. My other kids didn't do that so much. They'd eat whatever was on their tray unless they were full.

No comments: